Friday, July 15, 2011

Waking Up is Hard to Do - by Joyce Angelica Verdad

Drifting to sleep, my eyelids comply and they close. Eyes shut but my mind is running like crazy, weaving my dreams for tonight. Not surprisingly I see you there. You never leave my thoughts during the day, why would it be any different at night? 


You with your expressions. They melt me. 
You with your ideas. They move me. 
You with your words. They touch me. 
You with your eyes. They comfort me.

Suppressed feelings in the waking state just burst in my dreams. I give in. And in some dark part of my mind, your silhouette visits me. This is when and where I tell you I love you, while sleeping and dreaming. 

In the morning, when the sunlight kisses my face, I'll wake up to nothing again. Nothing lost and nothing gained. It seems safer that way. Then when I see you for real this time, I'll do nothing but admit to myself that

You with your expressions. They melt me. 
You with your ideas. They move me. 
You with your words. They touch me. 
You with your eyes. They comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment