Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once in a While - by Joyce Angelica Verdad

Whisper my name as you touch my cheek
and after you pull it back 
I can still feel its warmth
gaze into my eyes as you continue to talk
I watch your mouth
I watch your lips move
engrossed and absorbed
there's that twinkle in your eye again
a look that mesmerizes me
so sincere and genuine, those eyes
and then there's that laugh
along with the crazy way you bob your head 
when you crack a joke
infectious really
I couldn't help but smile too
catch my breath as you work your charm
and my heart goes crazy in my chest
the thudding gets faster and louder
and yet I hear you clearly 
as I am completely under your spell
and i hang on to your every word
and reminding myself to blink once in a while
breathe once in a while
and now I'm wishing
even if you don't see me
or talk to me as much
that you'd remember me
once in a while

No comments:

Post a Comment