Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love My Love in the Morning: Gerald Griffin

I love my love in the morning,
For she like morn is fair -
Her blushing cheek, its crimson streak,
Its clouds her golden hair.
Her glance, its beam, so soft and kind;
Her tears, its dewy showers;
And her voice, the tender whispering wind
That stirs the early bowers. 

I love my love in the morning,
I love my love at noon,
For she is bright as the lord of light,
Yet mild as autumn's moon;
Her beauty is my bosom's sun,
Her faith my fostering shade,
And I will love my darling one,
Till even the sun shall fade. 

I love my love in the morning,
I love my love at eve;
Her smile's soft play is like the ray
That lights the western heaven;
I loved her when the sun was high,
I loved her when she rose;
But best of all when evening's sigh
Was murmuring at its close.

No comments:

Post a Comment